A Weekend Workshop for Couples
Time: Saturday, Oct. 22 - Sunday, Oct. 23, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Registration check-in: Saturday, 8:00 - 8:30am
Location for all workshops: Marina Village Conference Center, a beautiful and relaxing waterfront setting in Mission Bay.
1936 Quivira Way, San Diego, CA 92109
Accommodations: Make the workshop weekend a much-deserved get-away with your loved one by taking advantage of special discounted rates at The Dana on Mission Bay. We have arranged for attendees to enjoy a weekend at this beautiful waterfront resort and spa just a few minutes’ walk or a very short drive from the workshop site. To book your room, call 1-800-445-3339 and mention the “Art & Science of Love Courtesy Discount.”
*Note: Once registration is complete, staff will be in contact to ask a few questions and speak with both partners prior to the Workshop to gather a little more information. The call will take 5-10 minutes.
PESI: Course meets qualification for 12 hours of continuing education credit for qualified professionals.
There is a $29.99 fee for CEUs billed separately payable by cash or check at the end of the workshop.
Cancellation policy: If cancellation is made three weeks, or 21 days, before workshop date, a full refund minus a $50 processing fee will be given. After the cut-off date, your registration will be converted to a credit, good for a full year, that you can use to attend future workshops.
Listen to Dr. Trish Stanley describe the Art & Science of Love Workshop on a recent 'The Couples Toolbox' podcast with Dr. Anne Goshen, LCSW:
What You'll Learn
At the workshop, couples learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other's inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the successes in your relationship
The Workshop Program
Drs. Trish Stanley and Bill Bumberry draw on the research of John Gottman into what really makes marriages work. He studied and followed over 3,000 couples in four decades of research. We offer this experiential workshop, designed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, to teach you exactly what successful couples do to foster romance and harmony in their marriages.
Couples work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges in their relationship.
Gottman therapists are available to support couples one-on-one during exercises. There is no
group work, sharing, or public disclosure.
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage.
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for your marital intimacy.
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another.
- Learn small, easy steps that increase romance in your relationship.
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress.
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution.
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the 6 skills for conflict resolution.
- Discover how you can make your and your partners life dreams come true.
For more Workshop Information:
Call (858) 455-5557 or email email@example.com
Click on the image below for a downloadable & printable PDF
"This weekend was a much needed and great opportunity to reconnect with my wife!"
"I've learned things about my husband during this workshop that in 7 years of being together, I had not learned- that fact in and of itself is priceless."
"The gentle approach helped me empathize with my partner better."
"We made a breakthrough in a very difficult area of over-riding importance!"
"The tools are helpful in finding common ground and are good reminders to respect and honor your partner."